On 6/20/2003 9:13 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
What's sorely missing IMHO is a way to validate the generated RTF other than by crashing word processors. If you hear about an RTF validator or an RTF parser grammar it would be a welcome improvement.

-Bertrand

I don't know if any of these'll help, but a quick search on Google came up with these... (among 127,000 others--I'm not much of an RTF buff, so I haven't ried any of these, but if you're interested, by all means check it out...):

http://search.cpan.org/author/PVERD/RTF-Parser-1.07/
http://testers.cpan.org/search?request=dist&dist=RTF-Parser
http://membres.lycos.fr/econoweb/rtf/
http://informs.hud.ac.uk/cgi-bin/informs.pl?area=tools&page=2
ftp://ftp.primate.wisc.edu/pub/RTF/index.html
http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~ssk/kde/devel/dictidx.html
http://www.fiction.net/blong/programs/#rtf
http://www.idealsoftware.com/

Here's a discussion of RTF::Parser: