On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 10:38:20PM +0100, Finn Bock wrote:
> [J.Pietschmann]

> [Andreas L. Delmelle]
>
> >>One in 10pt, the other 15pt, or 2 spaces of 20pt?
>
> [Simon Pepping]
>
> >I would think one space before foo according to the characteristics of
> >the 20pt font and bgcolor red,
>
> I would have guessed, based on Joerg's previous answer, that the
> red-20pt space is suppressed because it follows right after a line-break.

This is a comment in layoutmgr.LineLayoutManager.getNextBreakPoss:

/* If first BP in this line but line is not first in this
 * LM and previous line end decision was not forced (LINEFEED),
 * then set the SUPPRESS_LEADING_SPACE flag.
 */

Why are there those two exceptions to the suppression of leading space?
For example, in this fo fragment the leading space is not suppressed:

<fo:block>
Some text.
</fo:block>

Regards, Simon