Hi Luca,

I have managed to apply your patch. Testing has not gone well. Firstly, I had trouble compiling, due to BLM using the old constructor for LLM with FObj as the first argument. This is easily corrected, but I would have expected a change to BLM in your patch file. Also I found a few calls to getLogger in the LMs, which dont compile. I hit the problem of not being able to call getLogger in the LM code myself recently. So I added a getLogger method to AbstractLM.

Once compiled I tried testing with a complex document, but that fell over. Previously it was working, albeit without markers. I then tried one of your more simple test cases and that fell over too. Here is the stack trace, which is the same for both documents:

        at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.LineLayoutManager$Paragraph.startParagraph(L
ineLayoutManager.java:249)
        at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.LineLayoutManager.getNextBreakPoss(LineLayou
tManager.java:351)
        at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextBreakPoss(BlockLay
outManager.java:202)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Is anyone else on the team planning on making large commits over the next couple of days? I would be grateful if you could hold off for a couple of days whilst the problems with this large patch are resolved. I dont want to have to re-apply the changes. Let me know if this causes any problems....

Chris