Peter B. West wrote:

<snip/>

Simon, yes! That's what branching is there for. People seem to be afraid of it, but it is an enormously useful tool for just such situations. I think it's always a good idea to tag the tree immediately before a branch.

Hi Peter,

its not that I am afraid of branches, they have their uses, but I feel the project is at the wrong stage in its development for another branch right now. Branches invariably mean splitting development focus. Right now I want to focus on fixing the High priority issues with layout so we can do a release. If we flail around for another year or so then FOP may be dead in the water as other projects overtake it.

Chris