From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 August 2004 09:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: AFP Renderer

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Hehe, and then there was the one by UBS which I asked them to make OSS
> and they declined even after killing the project.
>
> I don't think there's a big legal problem around AFP, it's probably more
> the technology itself that has the attribute "may cost a bit more" on it.
> :-) While it would be great to have an AFP renderer we also have to see
> how to support it. Pete seems to imply a code dump ("Once I move on to
> the next project it is unlikely to happen.") so a little warning sign
> may be asked for. How many of us understand AFP? I don't. Yet. ;)

I wouldnt go as far as saying I understand AFP, but I have worked on a AFP
Parser before, and I feel I understand it as well as PDF, i.e. if I dont
know
what a command does I just look it up in the appropriate reference manual.

Chris

This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy,
distribute, disseminate or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received
this message in error please reply and tell us and then delete it. Should you wish to
communicate with us by e-mail we cannot guarantee the security of any data outside our
own computer systems. For the protection of Legal & General's systems and staff,
incoming emails will be automatically scanned.

Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable terms and
conditions and must not be construed as giving investment advice within or outside the
United Kingdom.

Legal & General Group PLC, Temple Court, 11 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4N 4TP.
Registered in England no: 1417162

Legal & General Group Plc is a holding company, subsidiary undertakings of which are
fully authorised as appropriate under the Financial Services and Markets Act in
respect of their investment activities in the UK.