Well, Finn's proposal is certainly looking nicer with
the new LM classes, as it would have far less layout
logic it would need to contain.  If we can get it down
to one file, resembling our FOElementMapping class,
nothing but makers and devoid of layout logic, that
would be OK with me.  Not my favorite design, but not
bad either and may possibly be of use as Finn is
saying.

This can be done anytime--so give me a few more weeks
to get the LM business logic shifted over and make
sure we run out of ideas/inspiration with the current
setup.  Then we can place a maker class in (providing
someone will redo it!)

Glen