Hello Fopsters,

I have attached first phase (a working example) of the refactoring I was
talking about in my previous mails. Please let me know, if this change is
acceptable for you. If it is, I will finish it afterwards.

Change description:
1) new interface: org.apache.fop.area.AreaFactory & default implementation:
org.apache.fop.area.DefaultAreaFactory
 - new definition how new areas should be created and accessed.

2) FOUserAgent - addition of setAreaFactory(AreaFactory) &
AreaFactory getAreaFactor() methods
    - configuration for new "feature"

 3) LayoutManagers
  - in several managers (in fact, in those I had had my private code) area
instantiation was changed to proposed factory pattern.

Best regards,

Tibor Vyletel
ICQ# 79458455