I agree with you two. Therefore, I've resurrected status.xml, added it
to our website again and prepared it so we can start using it after the
release.

BTW, I think I'm through with all the things I wanted to do. What's left
now:
- write the README/release notes
- Create a copy of the xdocs/trunk directory to xdocs/0.90alpha1.
- do the (PMC) vote on the release.
- tag and release

If it's possible I'd like to start the vote tomorrow and do the release
around Thursday/Friday. That reasonable?