As far as I know there are no stupid questions. :-)

The recipient is mainly Vincent Hennebert.

Anyone who submits more than just a small patch on an existing source
file should submit an ICLA (and if necessary a CCLA). Basically as soon
as a new file is involved an ICLA becomes necessary. If you intend to
submit more patches in the future then you, too, should think about
submitting an ICLA to avoid delays processing a bigger patch.

HTH