Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

On Jan 11, 2006, at 17:56, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

<snip/>

OK. So apparently, this has nothing to do with refinement white-space- handling, IIC.

<snip/>

If I remove the border-* and padding-* properties, the trailing space area for the latter disappears...?

Of course, the expected result could simply be modified, but it would be much better if this were fixed in the related code. No idea where precisely.

=> Q: Disable it FTM, or alter the expectation to make it pass?

I don't like the sound of this at all. May I suggest an alternative approach to finding the cause of the problem? Could you create a diff of all changed files and post it up here, so others may aid in the investigation?

<snip/>

I changed the related code in BreakingAlgorithm from:

while(alignment != EN_CENTER
  && ! ((KnuthElement) par.get(firstBoxIndex)).isBox()) {
  firstBoxIndex++;

to:

if(alignment != EN_CENTER
  while(par.size() > firstBoxIndex
    && ! ((KnuthElement) par.get(firstBoxIndex)).isBox()) {
    firstBoxIndex++;

That solved this particular little problem, but it is more of a quick fix, I guess.

I think we need to understand the root cause of this before making this change. Unfortunately Jeremias isn't around for the next 2/3 days, so may I suggest holding off making this change until he returns. He has a very good understand of this bit of code ;)

Chris