I did make sure I am eligible for the Google SoC, and I will gladly give you all the details you want or need if you request them.

As far as I know there are no restrictions to the number of slots a project can get, although this year it seams much more people are interested in the Google Summer of Code. Also, FOP is a project of the ASF which is just one of the many mentoring organizations...

Anyway, I sure hope we can both get accepted to work on FOP this summer.

Patrick

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I don't see why you couldn't also apply for a slot. Having floats would
be cool (but not simple). I'm not sure about your work on FOrayFont. I
think the projects have to be tied to one of the organizations listed by
Google. Only the client part in FOP would be part of that. So floats
would be the better option I guess.

I'm sure I can count on other FOP committers to help me with the
mentoring job if we take on two projects.

BTW, both of you should make sure you're eligible for participating in
the SoC. See the Students FAQ on the Google SoC site. Someone who
applied last year wasn't a student.