Jeremias Maerki wrote:
On 18.06.2006 20:50:31 Simon Pepping wrote:
So maybe we need a feature freeze and bug fixing period?
Not only that. We need a Wiki page listing all issues everyone wants to
see fixed/handled before a 1.0 release. We can then decide on which
subset we are really going to process. Otherwise, we won't finish before
There was http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/ReleasePlanning. I
suggest we streamline that page and bring it up to date again, so we
have a single point to look at to track the progress towards 1.0.
With all the feedback so far I think it's better to do another 0.x round
soon, i.e. FOP 0.93. We've already communicated that 0.92 would be the
last before 1.0 but if there's so much hesitation for 1.0 we'd better do
a 0.93 first. Beta tag? I wouldn't. Disappointed? Probably. Sorry. I
guess I grew too attached to this thing.
Removing the beta tag will help me persuade more folks to use FOP 0.9x.
Going to 1.0 will make this job easier still. Although I can't help but
think we should fix the changing IPD problem first as well :(