Ok, but with your statement you're carefully avoiding the topic about
how to actually validate the configuration. Are we then writing a number
of plug-ins which contain manually written code that verifies the config
file on the various levels (root, renderer, fonts....)? Possible, not
difficult but takes quite a bit of work to get done.