On Thursday 14 September 2006 07:34, J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Ok, I consider myself defeated concerning the way we handle the
> > configuration file (See recent threads on fop-users). The Avalon
> > configuration approach is very nice for the developer but obviously
> > bullshit in terms of end-user-friendlyness.
>
> Back from vacation, a few quick thoughts:
> The problem seems to be the unexperienced users who *have* to fiddle
> with the config file for getting basic features working.

<snip/>
> Did I get the problem right?

I had a quick (unscientific) look at the fop-user mailing list.
According to my count we had 3 threads in the last 2 months related to
config issues. In all cases it was due to an upgrade from 0.20.5 to
0.9x. This made me look at our 'upgrading' page. It does NOT(!) mention
that the config file format has changed!

Seems to me the easiest fix to all of this is to actually tell users
that they also have to change the config file used with 0.20.5 when
upgrading.

> J.Pietschmann

Manuel