Hi all,

I am working on a patch for Arabic/Persian Text decoration and Implementation of Bidi Algorithm.

I have some questions about it and writing to you to ask for your assistance,
could you please answer my questions!

1. Can I use java 1.5 or should preferably use 1.4 or JDK 1.3.

2. I have a long list of constants, Unicode Arabic Presentation forms. This list will be used, when the algorithm search for the correct glyphs forms. I think for the best Performance I should define some static final arrays, and write them directly in the class program codes. They are some defined Unicode constants, which I get from the Arabic Unicode definition. It is also to put them extern in some Text files, read them from there. Which form would be the best ?

3. I should add one or two new classes, something like ArabicTextHandler.java Can I add them to the package org.apache.fop.layoutmgr ? Where is the right package?

4. Can I use some free TTF Fonts in my test cases, they are licensed under GPL. I am going to use Persian TTF fonts from http://www.farsiweb.ir/wiki/Persian_fonts
Is there any license problems?

5. The writing-mode which is entered in a block or block-container statement has to be known by the TextLayoutManager but is not delivered correctly. TextLayoutManager.addAreas(...) is called from BlockContainerLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(...) and BlockManager.getNextKnuthElements(...). Why? Could you please write me your comments about the implemented writing-mode!
Thank you!

best regards,
Kia Teymourian