On 20.07.2007 10:45:44 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
>
> > On Jul 19, 2007, at 18:15, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> >

> > FWIW, I did a quick while(true){...} test with a modified version of
> > our ExampleFO2PDF. With basic documents, I can't seem to reproduce  it.
> > The last cycle, I stopped at 10000 renderings, but I'm pretty  sure it
> > would still be running if I hadn't. No noticeably slowdown  that would
> > point towards the heap reaching its limits. No SVG tried yet.
>
> The initial profile shows that instances of WeakHashMap$entry and
> org.apache.fop.fo.properties.FixedLength continually grow with the life
> of JVM.

Interesting coincidence:
That's exactly what Andreas already wrote about in the other thread
about the property cache: The values of the WeakHashMap must not
reference objects (or be the same objects) as used in the keys. See
javadoc:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/util/WeakHashMap.html
But that's exactly how PropertyCache is implemented right now.

In addition to that there was a bug in FixedLength.equals() that made
the caching effect-less:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=557934