Adrian,

I wanted to plug in the new image package into the AFPRenderer in the
branch and found out that I cannot even render the simplest of SVGs
(like [1]) after the addition of the Graphics2D implementation here. The
image is painted but much too small and in the wrong place.

Furthermore, I noticed that there are NullPointerExceptions as soon as a
user calls AFPGraphics2D.create() because the parent values are not
copied from the parent Graphics2D in the copy constructor.
AFPGraphics2D.create() is called whenever there's a need for a new
coordinate system inside the image (it's the equivalent to gsave/grestore
in PostScript). Maybe you need to test with some more complex SVG and
maybe you need to provide a configurable fallback mechanism to paint
SVGs using bitmaps as long as the Graphics2D implementation is not
stable enough.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/test/resources/images/img-w-size.svg