On 12.02.2008 17:42:24 Max Berger wrote:
> Jeremias,
>

> 2008/2/12, Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > + Higher compatibility with PDF viewers which are not yet
> >   feature-complete.
>
> would it be possible to create a quick PDF file with these extensions
> so that I can test my favorite PDF viewers?

Hmm, that's difficult. It is quite difficult to create such a PDF by
hand. In the end, it basically means I have to implement at least half
the solution just to find out if it works. But as it's only about PDF
and the CID solution should be relatively easy to do for PDF we can find
out with no big penalty if it doesn't work. At least I hope I didn't
miss anything when I did my estimates on this.

> As far as I am concerned
> these are
>
> - Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is the main app, and it should be tested
> with 6, 7, and 8. Having "broken" pdf on any of those is a real
> show-stopper.
> - Apple QuickView
> - Evince
>
> We could set up a Wiki Test site, and I can try and test the pdf with
> different versions of the software to see what exactly the impact is,
> and then make a decision based on that.

Ok, I'll try to make test PDFs available as soon as I can produce them.