I do have an afm file that has the same name as the pfb. I configured
the font by hand and disabled the auto-detection on the corresponding
directory, to avoid any possible trouble. FWIW the entry in my config
file is the following:
Funny name for a font file, isn’t it? But the afm file has the same
name. The fact that the glyph name is displayed in the error message
(afii10058) might indicate that the afm file is actually parsed, so
something might be wrong somewhere else.
I also have a pfm file with the same name in the directory.

If you need any further information, just yell.

Vincent