On Jul 9, 2008, at 11:06, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

On 09.07.2008 10:45:35 Max Berger wrote:
My favorite solution would be: Provide the new semantics with a new
signature (or method name), and keep the old one as "deprecated" for at least 1 release (Then all plugin developers have enough time to adjust),
then remove it.

+1 to that approach. I volunteer to do the necessary changes if we reach
a consensus.

Well, why not? Seems like a good compromise. Have the old method compute the end-index off the passed length, and delegate the call the new version... Then you can actually /see/ how silly it looked, and why I decided to make the change in the first place.

The end-result will be the same, only it will take a few more months...
In the meantime, I'll see if I can pass you some other info about the future. ;-)

Cheers