Hi Alexander,

Alexander Kiel wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
>> Should the rule be disabled because of that? Having proper javadoc on at
>> least public methods is very important. OTOH, this is actually not
>> something Checkstyle can verify. How many methods in the code base have
>> totally useless comments that are there just to avoid a Checkstyle
>> warning...
>>
>> I think I’d prefer to keep the rule, but wouldn’t veto its removal.
>
> I don't vote for removal too, I only vote for the right to violate it in
> cases one can't add any useful information in the comment.

Hmmm, I think that once we’ve agreed on a Checkstyle config we really
want to follow, we won’t accept any warning at all. It was my intent to
propose that anyway. I think it’s more annoying to have little yellow
exclamation marks attached to every file that contains Checkstyle
warnings (in Eclipse, at least), than have dull javadoc comments.