by way of an amusing anecdote on this point, when I was managing the Unix
servers at the MIT AI Lab in the mid 80's I got in a bit of a contest with
RMS (richard stallman) about his liberal sharing of his login credentials
with literally *anyone* that asked; one day i found about 100 incoming FTP
sessions on his account, all coming from elsewhere, the world over; it had
dragged down the network and the vax 750 host, so I decided to take drastic
action (after having first asked him to desist, which he ignored); so i
modified the code of the FTP server to refuse more than one connection on
his account; the next day i found another 100 or so sessions, so I checked
the FTP server code: my changes were gone, with a comment left in place
"Glenn, don't bother changing this again... RMS"; at that point, i gave up,
realizing we could just continue changing it back and forth to no end;

let's avoid that same problem here;

g.

p.s. incidentally, it was that same vax 750 that the very first "internet
worm" was introduced to (by Robert Morris Jr) a few years later, in
November, 1988; i guess that was an inevitable follow on...