Ok, let me summarise this:

• a @[asf.]todo tag marginally improves the formatting of a javadoc
  comment
• nobody really likes the idea of using a namespaced version of todo
  (@asf.todo)
• it is possible to tweak Checkstyle and the javadoc command to enable
  the use of @todo

That said:
• todo statements generally have little to do (sic) in a javadoc comment
  anyway
• TODO keywords are easily indexable by modern IDEs

Jeremias recommends the Felix way: using //TODO comments below the
javadoc. I’m also strongly in favour of this convention. OTOH, if I’m
correct nobody strongly feels that @todo tags are necessary.

So I think we have a consensus:
• from now on we stop using @todo in favour of the Felix convention;
• we will progressively remove TODO statements from javadoc comments and
  move them below in their own Java // comments
• I remove the definition of the custom tag from build.xml

Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks,
Vincent