Hi,

I just thought I would homogenize our usage of todo tags and match what
seems to be the de facto standard (“TODO”) among current committers.
Most @todo indeed come from very old commits. I didn’t realise that
javadoc could do something with them, which is why that looked to me
like a minor change that wasn’t needing prior discussion. Sorry about
that.

Ok, so there is something that can be done out of @todo tags in javadoc
comments. Now, having to use our own namespaced version is unfortunate
and looks overkill to me. Just to have a slightly better formatted
javadoc? Are such comments of any use to users of the API anyway? Most
of them rather look like pure internal development issues and should
probably not even appear in the javadoc.

Also, while @todo tags can be indexed, modern IDEs can index plain TODO
tokens as well, so that reduces the advantage of @asf.todo IMO.

If there are strong feelings against the removal of @asf.todo, I’ll
revert the change. Otherwise, I’ll actually complete it by removing the
definition of the custom tag in build.xml, which I hadn’t spotted.

Vincent