Early last year I implemented copyfitting and flexible layouts into our
FOP-based rendering process by locally branching FOP 0.95, adding my own
listener/event mechanism and FO extensions, and a pre-processor that implements
the copyfitting strategies through an iterative process of
render-modify-render-...

I'm hoping to upgrade to the FOP 1.0 codebase and rather than branching and
re-implementing my hacks, I'd prefer to extend the base in a more maintainable
way that perhaps others could also benefit from.

Before I embark on this process (or even discuss it in more depth) I figured
I'd see if anyone else has made any movements on this or has any thoughts. My
system uses my own namespace/attributes, however I would likely adopt the
specifications outlined in XSL:FO 2.0 working draft
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20/#req_2_1_4).

Thoughts/Comments?

Patrick K. Jaromin
VP Technology