On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com> wrote:
> Ivan,
> This type of question is best put to the FOP User
> <fop-us...@xmlgraphics.apache.org> email list rather than the developer
> list.

Actually, I was offering (or considering) to give back some of the
money FOP saved me (when I self-published my book). I don't think
sending my offer to the users' list would be very useful.

> In any case, nothing is required of FOP for you to be able to make use
> of Garamond Pro and other Adobe fonts, though certain advanced typographic
> features may not be supported. However, if you are not familiar with those
> advanced features, then that will likely not affect you. For typical western
> writing systems, you should have no problem with existing off the shelf
> Truetype and Opentype fonts.

Hoping you'd be right, I tried to use Adobe Garamond Pro right now and
FOP 1.0 responded to me with "OpenType fonts with CFF data are not
supported [...]". That leads me to believe that they are indeed not
supported. A search on Google did not yield anything useful. If, on
the other hand, you are saying that my problem can be resolved on the
users' mailing list, I will be happy to give it a try.

Or maybe I should instead ask, how much work is to support OpenType
fonts with CFF data?

--
Ivan Ristić