On 18/01/2011 23:11, Glenn Adams wrote:

Hi Glenn/Ivan,

Most of the Open type Fonts I come across seem to have CFF glyph data which FOP cannot currently support. We find this limitation very annoying and have looked into developing this feature. We haven't started the work though, but did estimate it to be a few weeks work.

Thanks,

Chris

That is a better question, but one I cannot answer, as I have not looked into the CFF support issue. Perhaps another DEV would care to respond.

G.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Ivan Ristic <ivan.ris...@gmail.com <mailto:ivan.ris...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com
    <mailto:gl...@skynav.com>> wrote:
    > Ivan,
    > This type of question is best put to the FOP User
    > <fop-us...@xmlgraphics.apache.org
    <mailto:fop-us...@xmlgraphics.apache.org>> email list rather than
    the developer
    > list.

    Actually, I was offering (or considering) to give back some of the
    money FOP saved me (when I self-published my book). I don't think
    sending my offer to the users' list would be very useful.

    > In any case, nothing is required of FOP for you to be able to
    make use
    > of Garamond Pro and other Adobe fonts, though certain advanced
    typographic
    > features may not be supported. However, if you are not familiar
    with those
    > advanced features, then that will likely not affect you. For
    typical western
    > writing systems, you should have no problem with existing off
    the shelf
    > Truetype and Opentype fonts.

    Hoping you'd be right, I tried to use Adobe Garamond Pro right now and
    FOP 1.0 responded to me with "OpenType fonts with CFF data are not
    supported [...]". That leads me to believe that they are indeed not
    supported. A search on Google did not yield anything useful. If, on
    the other hand, you are saying that my problem can be resolved on the
    users' mailing list, I will be happy to give it a try.

    Or maybe I should instead ask, how much work is to support OpenType
    fonts with CFF data?

    <mailto:gl...@skynav.com>> wrote:
    >> > What do you mean by "fully"? If you are referring to the
    OpenType GDEF,
    <http://people.apache.org/%7Espepping/>

    --
    Ivan Ristić