Hi Eric,

I'm afraid it's not that simple, PostScript doens't accept a byte
stream as PDF does. In order to embed fonts into a PostScript
document, the font must be streamed to an ASCII hexadecimal stream. As
you can imagine, this bloats the size quite significantly, and imagine
if you have several fonts, all fully embedded. One of my test
documents was 100+ MB, that's clearly unacceptable and crashes a two
of the 3 printers I use for testing. This isn't as much of an issue in
PDF since you can stream bytes directly to the document.

Mehdi