On 19/01/11 18:38, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> On 18/01/2011 23:11, Glenn Adams wrote:
>
> Hi Glenn/Ivan,
>
> Most of the Open type Fonts I come across seem to have CFF glyph data
> which FOP cannot currently support. We find this limitation very
> annoying and have looked into developing this feature. We haven't
> started the work though, but did estimate it to be a few weeks work.

I'm facing similar issues. I'm most of the way through implementing a
simple classified advertising pagination system that uses Apache FOP as
its output backend - and I'll initially be restricted to TrueType fonts.
Given that the company uses almost exclusively OpenType fonts, that's
kinda frustrating. On the other hand, I'm happy to have something as
useful as FOP to work with, as otherwise I'd be trying to massage TeX to
do what I want and losing a lot of hair in the process.

(The other thing that's biting me is lack of /ICCBased and /DeviceCMYK
PDF colour support in FOP - but in my workflow that's not a big issue as
I can convert the FOP-produced PDFs during preflight).

--
System & Network Administrator
POST Newspapers