Not all FOP developers are willing to use findbugs. I hid the findbugs
errors as a courtesy to those FOP developers who do use findbugs, so
they can check their own code based on a clean slate.

FOP's history has left us with a very large number of existing
findbugs errors. It makes no sense to comment on that; it is a fact of
life. FOP's code first of all does a good job at being a successful,
heavily used FO processor. Only after that comes the question of a
clean code base.

That said, of course every FOP developer and every FOP user is welcome
to evaluate and possibly remedy one or more findbugs errors. For
precisely that reason I put comments in the exclusion file, so one can
see which errors have been simply hidden and which have been truely
evaluated.

Simon