On 22 Feb 2011, at 19:25, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

> One way to enable assertions I found so far, and that seems to work:
> - use fork="true" on the <junit> target
>
> That seems to yield the expected behavior at first glance. Our junit targets
> are not forked, however. Not sure if that is preferable...

FWIW, having configured this on the junit-layout-standard target, yields one
AssertionError

[junit] Testcase:
block-container_reference-orientation_bug36391.xml(org.apache.fop.layoutengine.LayoutEngineTestSuite$1):
        Caused an ERROR
[junit] null
[junit] java.lang.AssertionError
[junit]         at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BreakingAlgorithm.getLineWidth(BreakingAlgorithm.java:1394)

For the remainder, all layout tests pass.

Regards,

Andreas
---