Hi,

FOP is an open source project, and everybody can contribute in his own
way, so you can reopen closed issues as you want if needed, and submit
patches as you want.

That said, IMHO, apart in a company quality context, testing closed
issues will not help very much (typically, an issue is closed after
developer's checks, and it is often monitored by the opener who reopen
it if needed)
But:
you can check old opened issues against FOP TRUNK, since there is no
systematic checks for opened issues after each commit.
You can find fixed issues that haven't been closed.

--
Pascal