On 22 May 2011, at 19:47, darshan wrote:

Hi Darshan

> Thank you for the reply. I created a diff file and then wrote the checks, but
> I couldn't figure how to verify if the test was working. Also since the page
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/testing.html does not specify how I
> should submit the test file, I'm attaching the files with this mail. If this
> is not the right way then please guide me to submit the file properly.

The best way is to just post them as a follow-up attachment, if you decide to
close the bug.

> To run the test, I tried by putting the file in the
> test/layoutengine/standard-testcases  folder and then setting the variable
> "-Dfop.layoutengine.starts-with" to my test file name, but it didn't run the
> test. If you could also let me know how to verify if the test works then that
> would be great.

Can you describe more in detail the exact steps you are taking? How do you set
the variable, and what do you do after that?

I ran your test and it failed:
java.lang.RuntimeException:
Expected XPath expression to evaluate to '20000', but got '' (XPath:
/areatree/pageSequence/pageViewport[2]/page/regionViewport/regionBody/mainReference/span/flow/block/block[10]/block/linearea/inlineparent/@padding-start)

but this was in my local sandbox (!= trunk), so that may also be due to other
changes on my end.

> Lastly for my report I need to write who started the project and what was the
> reason for starting the project. I know that James Tauber started the project
> but could you please tell me why he started it?

I would say it was just to have an open-sourced, free, Java-based XSL-FO
implementation to augment the existing initiatives for XML parsing at that
time, but I do not know this for certain.

Regards

Andreas
---