Ideally, the merge is performed in subversion. Earlier I noted that
that gives a large number of document and tree conflicts. I do not
have time to resolve them.

If no team member picks this task up, a patch from Glenn is a good
alternative solution. Glenn, can you attach it to the Bugzilla report?
Can you indicate how you proceeded, and how you guarantee that the
patch has the same result as a merge in Subversion?

Simon Pepping