Hi Glenn,

The GSoC doesn't relate directly to the ASF or FOP directly, however,
putting a few FOP projects as proposals would be a good way to get
some new interest into the project. I think it would be good for us as
we benefit from any work done, and it helps whomever does the work
learn the various skills that we as a community can impart upon them.

I've included a link to the GSoC below, but if you do some research,
there's plenty of information out there.

http://code.google.com/soc/

Mehdi