On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM, The Web Maestro
<the.webmaes...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > Does that mean that we would be eventually phasing out Forrest
> > altogether and store the documentation directly in the CMS?
>
> Yes. We hope to phase out Forrest... All content changes will occur in the
> CMS.

At present, my understanding is that the forrest content is also converted
to PDF by translating to XML, then running through FOP. Is this correct?

What will happen if we switch to MD markup, which is considerably less
semantically rich than forrest? Will it still be possible to create the
same PDF docs?

If not, then that seems like a fairly radical change to the current
approach, at least for FOP documentation.