Since Glenn is in the process to release the FOP v1.1, I'm not sure
it's time to merge such branch to trunk.
I guess this new feature will not be part of the 1.1 release.

If merging have to be done quickly, then we should create a 1.1
maintenance branch to ensure that merging will not affect the
releasing process.

Or if this new feature have to be part of the 1.1 release, then
perhaps we have to delay the release process *after* this merge.

any thought?

2012/6/15 Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>:
> As you may have noticed, I’ve recently spent some time updating the
> Temp_TrueTypeInPostScript branch to the latest trunk and doing some
> clean-up (thanks to Robert for updating the testcases to JUnit 4).
> We have been using the code from this branch for quite a while now and
> it has proven to work reasonably well. I won’t hide the fact that some
> parts of the code are truly ugly (in PSFontUtils mainly), but it’s not
> possible to clean that up without heavily refactoring the font
> sub-system, which I unfortunately can’t spend time on right now. At
> least the ugliness is fairly self-contained. Meanwhile some users may
> find the additional functionality useful.
> So I’d like to propose a vote for merging that branch back to Trunk. The
> vote will run until Thursday 21st, 8:00GMT.
> Here’s my +1.
> Thanks,
> Vincent


Reply via email to