OT, but I've made some progress on the CMS. I now have dynamic content working
(separate header and sidenav for FOP, Batik & XGC).

More relevant comments below...

On Jul 18, 2012, at 5:17 AM, Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexios,
>
> thanks for you input.
>
> On 18/07/12 01:05, Alexios Giotis wrote:
>> Hi Vincent,
>>
>> On Jul 17, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
>>
>> It improves documentation. For example, I frequently execute "svn annotate",
>> read the usually brief commit message and then refer to the bug for more
>> info (and context in my case). I don't like the fact that I have to rely to
>> another system, but it helps, especially for old change sets.
>
> Well, the problem is probably not the lack of a BTS here, it’s probably
> the commit message that shouldn’t be that short. And a longer
> description should be in status.xml anyway. Also, I find the list of
> comments that usually appears in Bugzilla entries confusing more than
> anything else. You have to wander through the comments to understand
> what is going on.

Perhaps, if something significant changes, the OP or someone for a bug can
update the description (e. g., w 'UPDATE:') where they pick out the meat of a
discussion and stik it in the Description field.

> That said, if a bug affects the rendering part of FOP which is not
> really unit-testable at the moment, the commit is unlikely to contain
> any test, so it helps to be able to retrieve an example output on
> Bugzilla. And I suppose that for the sake of consistency, the same
> should be done for layout bugs.

I would expect an example attachment of PDFs or Afp, Ps, etc. for layout bugs.

> Also, I’m just remembering that we will at some point switch to the
> Apache CMS to generate the website and that the status.xml logic may not
> be ported there. That’s probably the biggest factor that would push me
> to switch to Bugzilla actually.

My hope is that the BTS system can output a file for us. I understand that HTML
files can be inserted, unchanged by the CMS. I plan on something like this for
Compliance.html.

> <snip/>

Clay