I know this isn't directly relevant to this tread, but something else to
consider while we're on the subject of JIRA and bug tracking is integration
between SVN and JIRA itself. Having worked a little bit with PDFBox, they
seem to have quite tight integration between the two such that (I think)
JIRA prefixes SVN commits automatically with JIRA IDs (the JIRA number.) I
don't know if this integration comes out the box or whether we need to do
something to get it working, but it seems like a good idea.

Also, I know Jeremias is a PDFBox committer and this applies to anyone else
familiar with these tools, if they could chime in and give us some
suggestions as to either useful tools and/or process best-practices. I
should confess (as has probably been made abundantly obvious from silly
mistakes) I despise SVN and eagerly anticipate the inevitable migration to
a DSCVS of some type (preferably but not exclusively Git.)

I appreciate this may seem like putting the cart before the horse since we
don't really know time-lines for JIRA migration, but it's better to get
this out in the open and iron out these process/workflow protocols well
before we migrate. Maybe we should start a new thread for this? We seem to
be hijacking a commit message...

Mehdi