Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response, that's been very informative, I think if we
considered SVN/Jenkins integration, it'd make life a lot easier. The more
we can automate, the fewer the mistakes, that's pretty much my only
reasoning, though obviously it'd have to be investigated to come up with a
workflow proposal that everyone agrees with.

As for Jenkins/Git, I absolutely agree, we're users of both and I'm a
staunch advocate of both too. Jenkins has its little quirks (I was going to
say, I wish you could create job templates, but turns out you can [1]!!!!)
but works like a dream most the time. And Git, well, I kinda like think Git
is to SVN as Linux is to Windows, both get the job done, but once you get
to appreciate what Git does, it just makes life so much easier.

While we're on the subject, if we could use a github (or similar, though I
don't know any other) system where version control, issue/bug tracking,
wikis and forks were all under one roof... Anyways, enough with my pipe
dreams.

Thanks again,

Mehdi

[1] http://blog.cloudbees.com/2012/02/using-jenkins-templates-plugin-to.html