On 2015-07-15 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2015-07-14 Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> > > On 2015-07-14 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> > >
> > > Where exactly inline blocks are appended to the list and passed to
> > > the flow?
> >
> > That would be the LayoutManager.addAreas() implementations.
> >

> Thanks for the hint, yes, it comes from
> TextLayoutManager.addAreas()/addMappingAreas();

It is actually BidiResolver.reorder() method which returns unexpected order.
It also explains why a period is placed at the beginning of the second line
even in non-change bars source.

All human beings should act towards one
.another in a spirit of brotherhood

So this order issue seems to be unrelated to the change bars code. My cases
just revealed some uncovered corner cases in the step (4) of the mentioned
method:

// 4. reorder from maximum level to minimum odd level

>From this step on the order is incorrect.

So I tend to give up fine tuning of change bars for RL writing directions
until the above issue is resolved.

Is it a known issue or should I file a bug?

Thanks, Jan