Interesting,  I also have experience in Compuset. Do you known Mr. Bulman ?

Are you happy with FO's speed ?

So do I understand that Jetform does not produce clean PS ? Isn't it easier to use as FO (I do nor really know Jetform) ? Is it expensive ?

Thanks a lot (when you have some time).

Danke im voraus,

Patrick Andries

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
FOP does almost all we need. What's missing can be added, since it's
OpenSource, right?

We're currently working on a project for an insurance company where
Compuset is used and is to be replaced by an XML/XSLT/XSL:FO-based
approach. One of the reasons for this decision was using freely
available standards like XML, XSLT, XSL:FO etc. What you currently get
when you're using proprietary software is a beautiful WYSIWYG editor. OK,
that's missing for XSLT/XSL:FO but that doesn't matter too much where
our project are targeted. FOA, XSLFast etc. are a good start but not yet
really useful IMO.

Another thing we're doing is provide high-volume printing services, and
one of our outsourcing customers is using Jetform with the result that
we had to write code that patches the PostScript-Files delivered so we
could really use them. And that's just one of many problem they had in
that project.

Well, there's more to te ll, but I got to work...

I would like to know why FOP enthousiast (I am one) are using FO rather
than products such as Crystal Reports or other such software (anyone
Jetfoms ?). Just for the fun of playing with new technology ?

Thanks for any hints (in private since this is off-topic)

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch