Using FOP 0.20.2 I found that linefeeds were preserved by default in
blocks.

Using FOP 0.20.3rc2 I found that they are no longer preserved.
Furthermore, I discovered that "linefeed-treatement" has no effect:

[WARN]: property - "linefeed-treatment" is not implemented yet.

Is there any way to preserve linefeeds in the current version? I pull text
from the database in such a way that all integral XML is escaped, and
there is no way to disable this feature (MS at work)... So I actually have
<P>...</P> tags, but they're escaped, and I can't seem to find a method in
XSLT to unescape and use them...

This leaves me stumped. So what's the newline situation?

-David