On 02/23/02 19:44, "David Wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Carlos wrote:
>
>>> While it is cumbersome and I would prefer not to, I can make an extra step
>>> and unescape the the tags before FOP sees the XML; then I can use the
>>> template to convert them into blocks and recover my paragraph breaks.
>> One solution would be to use another XSLT stylesheet to do this: Have an
>> XSLT stlyle sheet that detects paragraphs and copies everything else to the
>> target document.
>
> Hmm... Do you mean do two separate processing steps - i.e. one with a
> secondary XSLT processor, and then the next with FOP? Not such a bad
> thought.  :)
As a matter of fact, you can incorporate both XSLT and FO on the same
stylesheet. A good example of how that is done is Norman Walsh's Docbook XSL
and XSL:FO stylesheets. If Interested you can download them from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook

You can do it with one or two steps, depending on maintenance needs and how
have you structured your documents and stylesheets

>>> Obviously it would be nice if the linefeed-treatment attribute worked and
>>> I could skip this altogether, but c'est la vie...
>> It's part of the standard so it'll be supported before 1.0 is released. Any
>> help is welcome
>
> I would be eager to contribute to this (excellent) project - but I
> understand that the team is engaged in a rewrite, so any work on the
> current Java code would be lost. Meanwhile, I have the vague impression
> the rewrite is not far along enough yet for a stranger like me to jump in
> and do more good than harm.
>
> Perhaps I am mistaken?
I'll defer to others for the answer to that, but my thought is that it's
always better to have something to modify rather than starting from scratch.

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient
characteristic of life is its  coerciveness: it is always urgent,  'here and
now' without any possible postponement. Life is  fired at us point blank.
Jose Ortega Y Gasset