Hi,

Please don't get too upset as I clearly misinterpreted your question.

I'm not that experienced with Windows but it might be possible to pass
a parameter to a stylesheet when the document is view with a right mouse
click (defining for instance the format, HTML or fo) . Depending on this
setting the XSLT style sheet will select either to produce HTML or a fo
file.
If you use a specific right-mouse-click/open with option you might be able
to call fop this way.

I just had a look at the windows explorer on this win2k machine I am working

on at the moment and one can create new calls to programs to open a file
(tools, folder options, file types tab). Suppose you simply define an option
"view as PDF" or something? You can specify a call to fop (with a call to
the
style sheet that will filter out what exactly to do with the style sheet
called
in the XML document) there and see what happens.

Just a thought, not sure if this is going to work though.

If I am being vague and unclear, please say so,  I'm better with code than
English ;-)

Cheers,

Michiel