On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 01:37, Vollmer, Thomas - CannonSA wrote:
> Ok, to clarify this, I've attached my Java code, the SVG file
> and the resulting PDF file. According to the thread on svg-dev
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=100525746717186&w=2
> it should work like this.
>
> Why does it not?
> I'm puzzled...

As I said before. When converting FO to PDF it uses the Configuration.
When doing SVG to PDF it (should) uses the batik transocding hints.

Whether it is stroked or not depends on how batik is setup with the
code. The transcoder that converts SVG to PDF sets it up in a particular
way.
When converting FO to PDF there is completely different code in the
PDFRenderer that sets up batik.
They obtain the boolean value for the stroking from different places.

> > Not sure what you mean by that. Why won't making it
> > a BooleanKey fix it?
> >
> > Anyways, I guess my real question is: how can I have my
> > SVG text be not stroked when converted to PDF?
> > (is this a Batik question?)

This would have worked before, and did work.
Batik has changed in the meantime so it handles this type of thing
differently which means that it no longer works.

If you are only doing SVG to PDF conversions then try current cvs trunk.
Otherwise wait until there is a release from the trunk (don't ask when
that will be).