Keiron wrote:
> As I said before. When converting FO to PDF it uses the Configuration.
> When doing SVG to PDF it (should) uses the batik transocding hints.
>
> Whether it is stroked or not depends on how batik is setup with the
> code. The transcoder that converts SVG to PDF sets it up in a
> particular way.
> When converting FO to PDF there is completely different code in the
> PDFRenderer that sets up batik.
> They obtain the boolean value for the stroking from different places.

Ok, thanks for the pointers. I dug through the code and I think
I'm on my way to understanding how all this fits together...

Until the PDFTranscoder issue is resolved, I'm probably going to
wrap my SVG in an XSL-FO envelope and the use FOP the "regular"
way (i.e. PDFRenderer instead of PDFTranscoder).

I was hoping to be able to avoid getting into XSL-FO, but hey,
why not...

Keiron wrote:
> > > Not sure what you mean by that. Why won't making it
> > > a BooleanKey fix it?
> > >
> > > Anyways, I guess my real question is: how can I have my
> > > SVG text be not stroked when converted to PDF?
> > > (is this a Batik question?)
>
> This would have worked before, and did work.
> Batik has changed in the meantime so it handles this type of thing
> differently which means that it no longer works.
>
> If you are only doing SVG to PDF conversions then try current
> cvs trunk.

How is the current CVS trunk different from the 0.20.3 release
in terms of this issue?

Keiron wrote:
> Otherwise wait until there is a release from the trunk
> (don't ask when that will be).

I won't...

Thanks!
-Thomas

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT.