Thank you for the turbo-answer, Jeremias!

We wrote at the same time ...

I would be brave ;-) and change the code since it is really small and
differs not much from what happens in FopServlet, I just have some In-
and OutputStreams between but should come along with the javadoc for
that.

The only complex thing could be the configuration (with both config-file
and programmatically) - is that a great thing to change?
If it is, I would just wait for the release and don't bother you with
questions.

sonja

Am Montag, den 12.09.2005, 11:57 +0200 schrieb Jeremias Maerki:
> Sorry, Sonja, but a lot of changes have happened during the redesign
> which break API compatibility. The packages and classes you listed don't
> exist anymore. And the new API has not been documented, yet. This will
> be done in the next two weeks and before the first preview release. In
> the meantime, you can look at the embedding examples in
> examples/embedding on how to embed FOP Trunk in a Java application.
>
> If you prefer an API that works on both FOP 0.20.5 and FOP Trunk, I have
> started a solution at http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/dev/jaxg/index.html.
> But either way, you will have to change your application once.
>
> Also needless to say that FOP Trunk is unstable (alpha) as will be the
> first preview release.
>
> On 12.09.2005 11:40:50 Sonja Löhr wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > After inspecting the new compliance page (:-)) great improvements!!), I
> > finally downloaded the trunk and built it.
> > Now my servlet code is missing several packages/classes :
> > org.apache.fop.messaging
> > org.apache.fop.configuration
> > and classes in org.apache.fop.apps (Driver and Options)
> >
> > Did I miss some sources or where can I find documentation about a new
> > way of programmatic configuration, logging and Servlet integration?
> > Sorry, I'm a bit lost in the developer's section of the fop site.
> >
> > Thank you for some hints,
> > I would love to use the new features!
> >
> > sonja
>

> Jeremias Maerki