Instead of running just the servlet, can you also pass
a unique number/string along with the servlet which
makes it a unique call.

eg. instead of using ChartServlet maybe you can use
ChartServlet?id=<unique_id>

where unique_id is different for each image.

The charts are probably being cached. This will force
it to generate the chart each time.

Hope this helps.
Prakash