I have dug through what documentation I can find, but it hasn't helped me, so maybe the list can give me some guidance.

I have my application running successfully. I am using fop 0.91beta-bin-jdk1.4 It publishes a PDF using FOP within another java application, not from the command line, so I believe you would call it embedded.

I need to change the way logging messages are handled. Currently, I am getting a large number of warning messages printed to the console. With Jeremias Maerki's help, I can see they are caused my some namespace issues with some imported svg images I am using from MS Visio. Essentially, they can be ignored, and that is what I have been doing. However, next week, I have to turn this over to the first wave of "normal" users, so I don't want to overwhelm them with these messages.

I would like all messages to go to a log file, not the console. I would prefer that warning level messages go to a file that is typically overwritten, so they don't accumulate. Anything higher than warning should go to another file which does append and accumulates the message history. I am pretty sure I could handle this using Java's java.util.logging API. However, I am not sure how to get hold of and change the current behavior of FOP logging.

Can someone illuminate this for me?

Thanks.